A good Salve is a must have in any home. It helps heal and protect your skin. The thing we like about this DIY Project is that you can customize the formula based off your specific needs just by adjusting what Essential Oils you add. You can add calming oils, energizing oils, healing oils, or a combination of oils for multiple benefits. The base for this salve is so easy to make you can whip up a batch in 15 minutes or so. So try out this homemade salve and let us know what you think, we think you’ll love it.
- 1/2 Cup Almond Oil
- 1/2 Cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vitamin E Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Beeswax
- 20-25 Drops of the Essential Oils of your choice (Need Essential Oils?)
- Airtight, large opening container
Mix and Match the Essential Oils of your choice depending on what you are using the salve for. Popular choices include Lavender, Frankincense, Melaleuca, and Eucalyptus. Research which oils are beneficial for what ails you and use those for your own salve.
- Using a double boiler melt the beeswax.
- Add in the Grapeseed , Almond, and Vitamin E Oils and stir.
- Remove from Heat and let sit for 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in the Essential Oils.
- Pour in to container and let sit for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Store with lid on tight.
Apply to skin on chest, hands, arms, legs, or feet as needed.
SHOW US YOUR HOMEMADE SALVE! We want to see your results! Take pictures and post them to Instagram with @idiynetwork tagged!