I have a hard time getting my kids to eat anything, let alone having them all agree on one thing they like, but they LOVE it when I make this meat loaf. I know, I know, when you think meat loaf your not thinking delicious food, but this meat loaf is an exception. Plus it’s easy to make.
Here is the ingredient list: (remember to use organic or grass fed whenever possible)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Quick-Cook Oats
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 LB Ground Beef
- 2/3 Cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Prepared Mustard
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and egg together.
- Stir in cheese (if desired), oats, onions, and salt.
- Crumble the ground beef over the mixture and mix together well.
- Shape in to 6-8 small loaves and place in a greased 13X9 baking dish.
- For the sauce, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Spoon over each loaf.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until meat reaches 160 degrees (when the pink is gone).
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Personally I don’t eat it with the cheddar cheese, I have to have my own batch without it. I think it’s healthier and better for you, but that’s your choice. My kids love it with the cheese in it.
We want to see your results! Take a picture of your Meat Loaf and post it to Instagram with @idiynetwork tagged.