It happens to all of us, a day or two before laundry day, or when we’re at the beach, or towel starts to get a little stinky. Or a teenage son takes a quick shower and doesn’t get really clean so his towel is used to wipe off most of his stink. The point is, all towels need a little refresher sometimes. Towels get musty and bacteria can grow on towels that properly dry out.
Well, we’ve come up with this easy Towel Refresher that will save the day and get you through until laundry day. I like it so much I use it every day so I can feel like I have a fresh towel every day.
It’s easy to make and very economical. With only three ingredients you can make it in less than three minutes so you’ll always have some on hand to store in your bathroom or take with you to the beach.
Here is what you’ll need:
- 5 Drops Melaleuca (Tea Tree) Essential Oils (Found Here)
- 15 Drops Any other Essential Oil of your choice (Found Here)
- 16 oz Glass Spray Bottle
- Fill your Glass Spray Bottle with water less about an inch or so at the top.
- Add the 5 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil.
- Then add 15 drops of your favorite smelling essential oil. I like the citrus oils to help wake me up in the morning, Lavender oil works well too. It’s up to you.
- Put the spray nozzle back on tight and shake to combine the water and essential oils together.
That’s it! The Melaleuca oil works to kill the bacteria and mold causing the smell while the other essential oils are to give you the smell you desire.
To Use: Shake the bottle well prior to each use and simply spray on your towel after hanging up your wet towel or whenever it needs a little refreshing.