Have you ever gone to clean your toilet and thought to yourself “It’s just not worth it, I should just blow the stupid thing up! It’s not even worth cleaning it’s so dirty!” Maybe that’s just me, but in any case cleaning toilets is a rotten job that I am just not a fan of. So this DIY Project for me is awesome. It caters to my lazy side but also to my germ-a-phobe side where I like to sit on a clean toilet while doing my business.
This is a fun guaranteed to please project that might even get your kids cleaning toilets (Wouldn’t that be nice???) so give a try and let us know what you think.
- 1/2 Cup of Citric Acid
- 1-1/3 Cups of Baking Soda
- 30 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil (Found Here)
- 30 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil (Found Here)
- 30 Drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (Found Here)
- Spray Bottle of Water that can mist the water
- Mix the Baking Soda and Citric Acid together in a bowl
- In a separate glass container mix the essential oils together.
- Then VERY SLOWLY mix the Essential Oils together with the Baking Soda/Citric Acid mixture. The mixture may fizz a little which is ok but don’t let it fizz too much.
- You should have a damp sand type mixture at this point. If the mixture is too dry then lightly spray the mixture with the spray bottle of water and stir until it the damp sand consistency.
- Then fill either silicone molds or a muffin tin (lightly coated with olive or coconut oil) with the mixture and let them dry for at least 6 to 8 hours or until they are completely dry.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Simply drop 1 to 3 of the bombs in to a freshly flushed toilet and let the toilet bombs go to work. Heavier stained toilets may require some scrubbing but for the most part minimal scrubbing is required.
We want to see your toilet bombs! Take a picture or two of your toilet bombs and post them to Instagram with @idiynetwork tagged!