I’ve been searching and searching for a DIY Laundry Soap that is Natural, and there are a ton of recipes out there that are “Natural”, but they all contain Borax. While Borax is “Natural” is not exactly safe. It’s used to kill ants in your yard so how safe can it be. Here is a Borax Free and very Economical DIY Laundry Recipe that works very well.
- 4 lbs Baking Soda
- 1 box (3 lb. 7 oz.) Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
- 1 Container (3 lbs) OxiClean Baby (must be the Baby Formula)
- 4 bars of 4 oz. Castile Soap Fragrance Free (Not Liquid Soap, must be bar soap)
- 28 oz Epsom Salt (optional, works as a fabric softener)
- Grate your 4 bars of Castile Soap into tiny pieces and set aside.
- Mix the rest of the Dry ingredients together in a large container.
- Add the grated Castile Soap and mix well.
That’s it, just store it in a container with a lid. I use a 5 Gallon bucket because I get them for free at my work but any container would work.
Since this recipe does not have all the filler ingredients that commercial laundry soap has you only need 1 or 2 Tablespoons per load.