Do you ever get puffy eyes, usually from lack of sleep? Dark circles around your eyes? I hate that. I never seem to get enough sleep and so I feel like my eyes are always puffy. The store bought solutions for puffy eyes are so expensive and full of chemical additives. They work, but at what cost. I found this DIY Eye Serum recipe and LOVE IT. At first I thought it was a little weird because the main ingredient in it is … COFFEE! I do love the smell of Coffee, and it’s the caffeine in the Coffee that is the magic ingredient. It improves the circulation when applied topically and helps take the puffiness away. So here is the magic recipe
What you need:
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Cup Ground Coffee (Caffeinated )
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Almond Oil
- Glass dropper bottle
- Add the ground coffee to a jar.
- Add just enough of the sweet almond oil to cover the ground coffee.
- Put a lid on the jar and store at room temperature for 5 days.
- After the 5 days, strain the coffee infused sweet almond oil with the cheesecloth in to a glass container.
- Stir in the Tablespoon of Avocado Oil.
- Fill your Glass Dropper Bottle with your newly made Eye Serum.
That’s it, you’re done.
Even though you don’t have to store this mixture in the refrigerator it’s a good idea to. It helps to apply the serum on when it’s cold, the cold helps with the puffiness.
Simply apply the serum to the effected area as needed being careful NOT to get any of the serum in to your eyes.