I live in the desert and during the summertime people stink! This is for all those people who stink, whose armpits are bacteria filled enough to make bystanders nauseous.
When it comes to Deodorizing, Baking Soda is your friend. Add some Essential Oils, Arrowroot Powder, and Coconut Oil and you have a Natural Deodorant that will make you smell nice without the harmful ingredients.
Here is what you need:
- 4 Tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Arrowroot Powder
- Essential Oils (Found Here) to your liking
Your flavors of Essential Oils are up to you because they are mostly to make you smell nice, but adding Meleluca (Tea Tree Oil) or other antimicrobial oils will help the kill the bacteria causing the stench. Make sure you use Essential Oils that High Quality and use oils that you know you aren’t sensitive to.
- Soften the Coconut Oil, it doesn’t have to be melted just soft enough to integrate with the Baking Soda and Arrowroot Powder.
- Mix the Softened Coconut Oil with the Baking Soda and Arrowroot Powder together.
- Once those are mixed well together, add the Essential Oils.
That’s it, just store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To use, rub a small amount in your armpit area and all to dry.
Caution: Some people with sensitive skin can have a reaction to the baking soda. Try a small amount first and look for a reaction. Do not use if it causes you discomfort and wash it off thoroughly with soap and water.