Summertime is a time to walk around barefoot or at the very least in Flip Flops. But walking around barefoot can wreck havoc on your pretty feet. Taking care of your bare feet in the summertime is a vital part of any woman’s beauty regime. That’s why we love this Cooling, Soothing Homemade DIY Foot Cream, it is an Easy, All Natural way to keep your feet soft, moisturized and beautiful.
It’s also inexpensive to make with ingredients that are easy to come by. Plus the ingredients used are good for you and natural.
Mango Butter is made from the pressed seed of the Mango fruit which is highly emollient. Coconut Oil is a excellent moisturizer. Peppermint Oils is cooling and invigorating, Melaleuca Oil and Eucalyptus Oil have antiseptic and antifungal properties which help keep your feet looking and smelling clean. And Vitamin E Oil has long been used in skin care for anti-aging.
Use this DIY Cooling Foot Cream and your feet will look and feel better for it. So use it and show off those pretty piggies!
- 1/4 Cup Mango Butter
- 1/4 Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Vitamin E Oil
- 15 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil (Found Here)
- 15 Drops Melaleuca (Tea Tree) Essential Oil (Found Here)
- 5 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil (Found Here)
- Using the double boiler method melt the Mango Butter and Coconut Oils together.
- Add in Vitamin E Oil and Stir until well combined.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 30 minutes in the Refrigerator or until it becomes solid, not hard, but a soft solid rather than a liquid.
- Add in the Essential Oils.
- Using a electric hand mixer, whip mixture into a creamy whipped cream consistency.
- Store in a airtight, glass container.
Rub a liberal amount to the soles of your feet first, then rub in between your toes massaging each toe one by one. Then apply to the top of your feet and ankles. Allow time for the lotion to soak in to your skin before walking. You can also apply it at bedtime and then put on a pair of cotton socks for a deep moisturizing effect.
Walking barefoot immediately after using this lotion is not a good idea as it may make your feet slippery which could cause you to fall. Use caution walking after applying this lotion to your feet.
WE WANT TO SEE YOUR RESULTS! POST YOUR PRETTY PIGGIES PICTURES TO Instagram WITH @idiynetwork TAGGED FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED ON OUR BLOG!