Magnesium is a mineral that most of us are deficient in but also plays a crucial part in our overall health and wellness. There are a number of websites out there that show the benefits of taking magnesium supplements and the problems that can come from a deficiency in magnesium. Even reputable sources like WebMD site the benefits of magnesium so it’s a well know fact that our bodies need magnesium.
Just some of the Benefits of taking Magnesium are:
- Calms Nerves and Anxiety
- Treats Insomnia, Helps you Fall Asleep
- Improves Digestion by relieving constipation
- Supports Proper Blood Pressure Levels
- Helps Increase Energy
- Prevents Migraines
- Relieves Muscle Aches and Spasms
- Helps Prevent Osteoporosis
And much, much more.
Proper nutrition is an important part of getting the recommended amounts of magnesium your body needs. Foods like Spinach, Almonds, Bananas, and Avocado are all good sources of magnesium, but sometimes we still fall short and don’t get the proper amounts we need through nutrition alone.
And while there are nutritional supplements of magnesium out there, topical supplementation is usually a better method of getting the benefits of magnesium since magnesium is also used as a laxative. That’s why we LOVE this DIY Calming Lotion made with Magnesium Oil.
- Helps give you the added Magnesium you need for your overall health.
- Calms your Nerves and Helps with Anxiety.
- And it Moisturizes and Softens your Skin as an Added Benefit!
So give this recipe a try, we love it, and we know you’ll love it as well.
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Magnesium Oil (Found at Amazon or at most natural health food stores)
- 15 Drops of Lavender or Roman Chamomile Essential Oils (Found Here)
- Using a double boiler melt the Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil together over medium low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Fractionated Coconut Oil and Magnesium Oil.
- Allow the mixture to cool (can be put in the refrigerator) for up to a half hour.
- Add in the Essential Oils (you can combine the Lavender and Roman Chamomile or use them individually to get to the 15 drops).
- Use a hand mixer to whip into a body butter type lotion.
This lotion is best if used within 6 months of making it. Simply apply it to your feet or belly at bed time or whenever you’re feeling anxious.
We want to see YOUR RESULTS! Post pictures of your homemade DIY Calming Lotion on Instagram and tag @idiynetwork.