There are lots of commercial antiseptic ointments out there, and they are relatively inexpensive, but I’m a DIYer and like to make my own of whatever I can. For a few reasons such as I like Natural products, I like to know what is going in the stuff I eat/use, and commercial products may not always be around for purchase. That’s why this all natural DIY Antiseptic is perfect for my needs. It’s great on minor cuts, abrasions, and scrapes to help them heal.
The science behind this recipe is simple. Melaleuca is antibiotic, anti-fungal, antiviral, antibacterial. Lavender is analgesic ( gives pain relief), antibiotic, anti-fungal, antiviral, and antibacterial. And Lemon Essential Oil is antibiotic, anti-fungal, antiviral, antibacterial. Plus Coconut Oil and Vitamin E Oil are good for the skin.
So try this Homemade Antiseptic next time you run out of the commercial stuff, you’ll be glad you did.
- 1 Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
- 1-1/2 Oz Beeswax
- 25 Drops Melaleuca (Tea Tree) Essential Oil (Found Here)
- 20 Drops Lavender Essential Oil (Found Here)
- 10 Drops Lemon Essential Oil (Found Here)
- Using the double boiler method melt the Beeswax and Coconut Oil together.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in the Vitamin E, Melaleuca, Lavender, and Lemon Essential Oils.
- Pour in to a glass mason jar and let cool.
- Store with lid on tight in a cool, dark place.
Show us your Results! Post pictures of your Homemade Antiseptic on Instagram with @idiynetwork tagged!